BEGINNERS’ RUNNING AND FITNESS COURSE
Twice a year, generally in Spring and Autumn, Bungay Black Dog Running Club hosts an 8 week Beginners Running and Fitness course.
These courses are suitable for all levels of fitness and are ideal for the following:
• Adults who may have tried running as a way of getting fit but struggled on their own.
• People who used to run but have had a break from running, due to families, careers etc.
• People new to the area who want to get out, explore the countryside and meet lots of slightly mad lycra clad folk.
• People trying to improve their health and fitness, lose weight, lifestyle change.
• People wanting to complete a personal challenge.
• The sessions are one hour long and start with a gentle warm up, a few drills to remind people what running involves, a main session, lasting about 20 minutes, and then a cool down with some stretches.
During the first week, the main session is usually what we call a pyramid. Run at your own pace for a minute, then have a minutes rest, then run for two minutes, and another minutes rest, then run for three minutes (we allow you two minutes rest after that!) then run for two minutes, and one minute. So in the first week you’ll run for no more than 3 minutes. In week 2, we like to do a timed mile – this is definitely the longest you will run for in the whole course, it is repeated in week 8 but it won’t take you as long!
Weeks 3 to 7, we show you how to pace your runs and how to increase your fitness, stamina and endurance, with some different sessions, lots of fun and encouragement.
All sessions are run by qualified UKA coaches, all sessions are safe, supportive and most of all fun!
All levels of fitness are welcome, if you want to get fitter, we can help, if you want to get faster, we can help, if you want to run a 5k, 10k, half marathon or marathon or even take part in a Triathlon, we can help with that too!
For more details about when the next course will be starting, at The Maltings. Ditchingham, please email or phone Tom Pullinger on firstname.lastname@example.org