Bungay Marathon Information
Online entry by clicking the image below:-
- Race Date: Sunday 19th April 2015
- Online entry only. No postal entry, No entry on the day
- Closing date for entries: Mid-day Sat 11th April 2015
- 09:00 Marathon
- 11:00 Half Marathon and 10K
- 13:00 Prize Presentation
- Cut-off times: Marathon 3hrs at the half-way point. Half Marathon 3hrs.
- Minimum age on race day: (18) Marathon; (17) Half Marathon; (15) 10K
- Entry Limits: (250) Marathon; (750) Half Marathon; (250) 10K
- Entry Costs UKA affiliated*: £25 Marathon; £20 Half Marathon; £8 10K. Non-UKA affiliated +£2 per entry.
- NEW technical T-Shirt for only £8 available to order with every entry
- Race number and chip collected on-the-day
- Full facilities inc. toilets; showers; changing rooms
- Medical, and First Aid support
- Medal + Goody Bag for all finishers
- Bag Drop
- All three races use a footpath for 1.7mi. The surface is a firm grit path, and is suitable for normal road shoes. The race finish is on a grass sports field (final 100 yards)
- *UKA affiliated entries must quote UKA URN on entry
- BARR Bronze MT Graded
- Race location:- Maltings Meadow, Nr Bungay, Suffolk NR35 2RT
Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall, the first in each category below and club team prizes (UKA) male and female.
Jim Jervis prize for under 22 male and female (excluding 10K)
Only one prize per runner will be awarded (except u22)
Male U22M* U40M M40 M50 M60 M70
Female U22F* U35F F35 F45 F55 F65
• not on 10K
Please read these instructions carefully and if you have any questions, do not hesitate and contact us at email@example.com.
Please collect your race number, timing chip and baggage label on the day of the race. A runner other than yourself must not use your race number. It must not be cut, folded or mutilated in any way and must be fastened securely to the front of your vest or top. Please fill in the personal information required on the reverse side including relevant medical information and contact numbers to aid race staff in the event of an emergency.
This race will be staged under UKA Rules (Licence 2014-10953) and has been graded by the British Association of Road Races (BARR). As such it meets the highest approved standards of race organisation within the UK. The course has been measured by a UKA approved course measurer, and has been re-classified as a Multi-Terrain race with a Statement of Course Measurement. The course is the same as recent years, but the surface of a path is such that it cannot be measured with sufficient accuracy. No person (except a blind runner’s attendant) may accompany a competitor at any point on the course. All competitors must compete on foot. The course is suitable for wheelchairs. Competitors are advised to familiarise themselves with the course prior to entering.
The wearing of Earphones/iPods/mp3 players is banned and will lead to disqualification by the race referee. You will be running on the left hand side of the public highway during most of the race and as such we want you to be alert and aware of everything that is going on around you.
There are changing rooms, toilets and showers for both sexes in the Club House. There will be a sports masseur available pre- and post-race for those weary limbs. There will be a manned baggage storage facility but please remember you must present your race number to reclaim your baggage, no race number, no return. Please be aware that your baggage is stored by us at your own risk.
Please keep off the pitches, there is space around the perimeter.
For Marathon Runners Name/Race Number and Feed Station Number (see course map) on container – these will be taken out to the course at 08.15.
This is a one-lap course (half marathon) or two lap (marathon). It will be clearly marked at every mile. There are five water stations on the half marathon, eleven on the marathon. You must run on the left on road sections and obey instructions and directions of the police and race marshals. The course will remain signed after the cut-off time; marshals will stand down.
Your timing chip will be removed; in exchange you will be given your medal and goody bag.
Will be posted to our Website and Facebook page as soon as possible
These will be posted as soon as possible on the race website.
Bar in Club House. Tea & Coffee
Other catering (food etc) outside.
Medical personnel will be present at the start/finish and along the course supported by the race doctor. If you develop medical problems please alert the nearest marshal and prompt assistance will be provided.
Remember do not run if you are feeling unwell, have been ill or have an injury. Keep well hydrated before, during and after the race. See Medical Advice
If anyone would like to help or would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07766 542846